Why Study at MDIS
Why Study in Singapore?
- Singapore is well-known for its educational excellence
- A metropolitan city with rich multicultural heritage, and ranked Top 1 in The Economist’s Safe Cities Index for Personal Security
- A great place for food lovers to enjoy a wide range of cuisines from different ethnic groups
- Explore the thriving arts and culture scene, plus the cosmopolitan retail experience
- With an integrated transport system and a world-class airport, students can look forward to enhanced access to countries within Asia Pacific
Why Study with MDIS?
MDIS: A Pioneer in Education
Founded in 1956, the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning.
MDIS offers internationally-accredited courses in Business and Management, Engineering, Fashion and Jewellery Design, Health and Nursing, Information Technology, Languages and Education, Life Sciences, Media and Communications, Psychology, Tourism and Hospitality Management, and Safety and Environmental Management. These programmes are offered in collaboration with renowned universities in the United Kingdom. MDIS also has set a proven track record of preparing students to excel in the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary and Advanced Level), Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and Cambridge International Lower Secondary, through its comprehensive preparatory courses.
Students from more than 50 countries
Gain an international perspective of Singapore through the eyes of different cultures and traditions. Expand your network to better opportunities in the workforce.
Variety of academic programmes to suit different interests
We partner with globally-recognised universities from:
- United Kingdom
We have programmes in the fields of:
Apart from the academic curricula, students can also:
- Join social interest groups such as Toastmasters Club, Dance Club, Photography Club, Angel Hearts Club and Google Developer Student Club.
- Join sports interest groups such as Badminton Club, Basketball Club, Cricket Club and Football Club.
- Join the Student Council and be part of the student voice and to engage students in learning about democracy and leadership.
- Join Student Ambassador Programme and be given the opportunity to represent MDIS at official functions and events both on and off campus.
- Acquire soft skills under the MDIS Experience workshops to enhance interpersonal relationships in preparation for the working world.
The Wifi-enabled MDIS Campus in Stirling Road occupies a three-hectare land area with the following facilities:
- 15-storey eco-friendly hostel on campus
- Life sciences and computer laboratories
- Hospitality training centre
- TV and radio production studios
- Engineering laboratory and workshops
- Fashion & Jewellery Designs studios
- Nursing practicum lab
- Gymnasium, dance studio and badminton court
- 24-hour convenience store on campus
- Nearby amenities such as Queenstown sports centre and swimming pool complex
Click here for the Virtual Campus Tour.