CPE Advisory on Additional Measures to Enhance Protection against the CoronavirusLatest News
28 January 2020
Dear MDIS Student/ Member,
With the escalating situation in Coronavirus, Singapore’s Ministry of Education (MOE) will be implementing a Leave of Absence (LOA) for students and staff returning from Mainland China. Taking reference from the measures announced by MOE, the Committee for Private Education (CPE) request that all PEIs undertake similar measures with immediate effect to help protect our students and staff. This is to ensure a coordinated effort on everyone’s part to protect our citizens and residents.
Specifically, PEIs are requested to undertake the following:
- Staff and students are strongly advised to avoid travel to Hubei province in China and defer all non-essential travel to the rest of mainland China.
- Travel declarations by all students and staff who have travelled or will be travelling between 14 January 2020 to 31 March 2020. A copy of the travel declaration form is attached for your reference or access via MDIS website at https://www.mdis.edu.sg/current-students-forms
- 14-day Leave of Absence (LOA) applies to the 3 returning groups below. The LOA starts from the day of arrival in Singapore from China. This applies to students** and staff who return from 14 January 2020 or later.
- All staff and students of PEI returning from Hubei
- All students returning from the rest of mainland China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau)
- All frontline staff* of PEI returning from the rest of mainland China (excluding Hubei, Hong Kong and Macau)
All students and frontline staff* who have returned from mainland China are to monitor and take their temperature daily. Those who are unwell should visit a doctor immediately and declare their travel history. If they have a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, runny nose, shortness of breath), they should wear a surgical mask and call the clinic ahead of their visit.
We are monitoring the situation and work closely with the authorities to get updates on the latest medical advice and development of this Wuhan coronavirus.
For further clarification or enquiries, please email email@example.com.
Student Care and Administration