Certificate in English (for Secondary / Post-Secondary Education)Awarded by: MDIS
By the end of the 6 months, students should be able to:
- Develop students'confidence in using the target language for daily communication and academic work
- Use a range of simple and appropriate words, phrases and expressions to convey meaning
- Follow points in discussion on familiar everyday topic
- Negotiate turn-taking in conversations on familiar topics and topics of immediate environment
- Understand short, simple texts on familiar topics and topics of immediate environment
- Produce 3 to 5 paragraphs on familiar topics and topics of immediate environment
- Give reasons and explanations both in spoken and written form
This programme contains 4 components undertake by all students and the details of which are given below:
Duration & Intakes
|6 Months||Dec 2020 / Jan 2021||June / July 2021|
|Apr 2021||Aug 2021|
|Jul 2021||Dec 2021|
|Sep / Oct 2021||Mar / Apr 2022|
Fees & Structure
|Tuition Fees||Non-tuition Fees|
|S$4,173.00 (per level)||S$3,200.00 - S$4,500.00|
Application fees: S$481.50
# All application fees are non-refundable.
# All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
# International: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, PCIE exam fee, medical insurance, medical examination and administrative fee.
# Non-tuition fees for international students may vary.
# Non-tuition fees are non-refundable, refer to MDIS refund policy for more details.
All applicants must be of age 12 and above
At least completed PSLE or Primary School Education or its equivalent
English Language Requirements
Student who does not meet the minimum requirement of MDIS's English Placement Test (66 marks)
Achieve a minimum score of 20 marks and above in Duolingo English Test
International student is required to apply for a student pass if he/she wishes to study full-time in Singapore.
Applicant is required to submit the following documents to MDIS:
MDIS Application Form
- 4 recent passport-size photographs of the applicant. (against white background)
- 1 copy of Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) e-Form 16
- Copy of applicant's passport pages showing his/ her particulars and travel and travel document's date of validity. (At least 1 year)
- Copy of applicant's Birth Certificate / Affidavit
- Copy of applicant's Certified / Notarised copy of Education Results/Certificates and Transcripts ( with detailed results)
- Copy of the student pass (For applicants transferred from other schools in Singapore) or Notification for Cancellation of Student Pass, Visit pass and Embarkation Form.
- Must show proof of English Medium Study / First Placement Test Attempted / IELTS / TOEFL
- Copy of financial ability. (e.g. bank statement, fixed deposit / saving account ) • Visa Required Country only (E.g. minimum amount of RMB150,000 for PRC only)
- Proof of parent's occupation (PRC only)
- University Matriculation Form (if applicable)
- Letter by applicant indicating interest to study with MDIS (study plan/ statement of purpose) for Master programmes
*Notarized English translations are needed if documents are in other languages.
For more enquiries, please contact us at 6278 8000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDIS permits students to pay their course fee in instalments. An administrative charge of S$107.00 (inclusive of GST) will be levied on each late instalment payment of the course fee. Fees are payable upon confirmation and acceptance of the place in the programme before the programme commencement.
You may pay your fee by cash, NETS, VISA, MasterCard, AMEX or by cheque or through our financial assistance scheme.If payment is by cheque, please indicate the details of the programme applied for on the back of the cheque, stating clearly you personal particulars and company name. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are inclusive of GST.
Please note that under the Private Education Act, all students will enter into a Fee Protection Scheme contract with MDIS.
Student Pass Application
International students are required to apply for a student pass if he/she wishes to study full-time in Singapore. Please click here for detail information.
6 months (11 weeks per level)
Dec / Jan 2021
Sep / Oct 2021
+65 6247 9111
Main Hotline: +65 6796 7660
- China: +65 9066 8857 / +65 8305 5107
WeChat ID: sgmdis
- Taiwan: +65 8305 5107
- India: +65 8950 9987
- Vietnam: +65 9814 2969 / +65 8511 6647
- Korea: +65 8356 0203
- Laos / Cambodia: +65 8779 6040
- Myanmar / Thailand: +65 8779 6040
- Malaysia: +65 9814 2969
- Indonesia: +62 859 5953 7858
- Russia / Others: +65 8356 0203
- Sri Lanka / Bangladesh: +65 8950 9987