The Professional Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Operations is structured with the primary learning objective of developing students to become practical, competent, and functioning practitioners in the international hospitality and tourism sector. Students will undergo a spectrum of competency and skill-based training, covering the operational aspects of the hospitality and food and beverage trade. The curriculum coverage will focus on the operational aspects of the hospitality trade, emphasizing on getting students to gain practical skills in handling customers' requests, responding to feedback and complaints, managing operational costs, planning, organising events and supervising peers or staff, as well as attaining foundational theoretical knowledge in food and beverage operations and hospitality establishments.
Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Front Office Operations
Food and Beverage Knowledge
Food and Beverage Operations
Principles of Communication
The average lecturer/student ratio is 1 : 100 (lecture)
The average lecturer/student ratio is 1 : 40 (tutorial)
Click here to download profiles of lecturers.
Duration & Intakes
|7 Months||Jun 2021||Jan 2022|
|Nov 2021||Jun 2022|
Fees & Structure
|Tuition Fees||Non-tuition Fees|
|S$3,679.00||S$1,900.00 - S$2,300.00|
Application fees: S$481.50
# All application fees are non-refundable.
# All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
- Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, medical insurance, fee protection scheme.
- Non-tuition fees for part-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop and fee protection scheme.
# International: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, medical insurance, medical examination, administrative fee, study guide and e-Book.
# Non-tuition fees for international students may vary.
# Non-tuition fees are non-refundable, refer to MDIS refund policy for more details.
Applicants must be of age 17 and above and possess one of the following entrance requirements:
At least 1 GCE 'O' Level Pass
At least 1 IGCSE Level Pass
Higher NITEC/NITEC Qualifications
International applicants must have completed 10 years of formal education
WPLN of Level 5 and above
Mature candidates (30 years old and above with 8 years' relevant work experience)
English Language Requirements
C6 pass in English at GCE 'O' Level or equivalent
Achieved a minimum band of 5.5 in IELTS or equivalent
Pass MDIS English Entrance Test conducted by MDIS
MDIS Professional Certificate in English
1 IGCSE Level Pass (either English 1st or 2nd language)
Letter from College/University clearly stating the Medium of Instruction of the highest qualification to be English
High School English
Achieve a minimum score of 85 and above in Duolingo English Test
International student is required to apply for a student pass if he/she wishes to study full-time in Singapore.
Applicant is required to submit the following documents to MDIS:
MDIS Application Form
- 4 recent passport-size photographs of the applicant. (against white background)
- 1 copy of Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) e-Form 16
- Copy of applicant's passport pages showing his/ her particulars and travel and travel document's date of validity. (At least 1 year)
- Copy of applicant's Birth Certificate / Affidavit
- Copy of applicant's Certified / Notarised copy of Education Results/Certificates and Transcripts ( with detailed results)
- Copy of the student pass (For applicants transferred from other schools in Singapore) or Notification for Cancellation of Student Pass, Visit pass and Embarkation Form.
- Must show proof of English Medium Study / First Placement Test Attempted / IELTS / TOEFL
- Copy of financial ability. (e.g. bank statement, fixed deposit / saving account ) • Visa Required Country only (E.g. minimum amount of RMB150,000 for PRC only)
- Proof of parent's occupation (PRC only)
- University Matriculation Form (if applicable)
- Letter by applicant indicating interest to study with MDIS (study plan/ statement of purpose) for Master programmes
*Notarized English translations are needed if documents are in other languages.
For more enquiries, please contact us at 6278 8000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDIS permits students to pay their course fee in instalments. An administrative charge of S$107.00 (inclusive of GST) will be levied on each late instalment payment of the course fee. Fees are payable upon confirmation and acceptance of the place in the programme before the programme commencement.
You may pay your fee by cash, NETS, VISA, MasterCard, AMEX or by cheque or through our financial assistance scheme.If payment is by cheque, please indicate the details of the programme applied for on the back of the cheque, stating clearly you personal particulars and company name. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are inclusive of GST.
Please note that under the Private Education Act, all students will enter into a Fee Protection Scheme contract with MDIS.
Student Pass Application
International students are required to apply for a student pass if he/she wishes to study full-time in Singapore. Please click here for detailed information.
Duration of Course
13 months (Inclusive of 6 months internship)
+65 6247 9111
+65 6796 7660
+65 6950 6398
- China: +65 9066 8857 / +65 8305 5107
WeChat ID: sgmdis
- Taiwan: +65 8305 5107
- India: +91 6382 702 844
- Vietnam: +65 9688 4879
- Korea: +65 9814 2969 / +65 9688 4879
- Laos / Cambodia: +65 8779 6040
- Myanmar / Thailand: +65 8779 6040
- Malaysia: +65 9814 2969
- Indonesia: +62 859 5953 7858
- Russia / Others: +65 9814 2969 / +65 9688 4879
- Sri Lanka / Bangladesh: +91 6382 702 844