Preparatory Course for Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS)
The Preparatory Course for Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) is designed to prepare international students to sit for the AEIS examination to gain admission into Singapore Government Secondary Schools. Students will be required to take both the English and Mathematics papers where they will be accessed on their English literacy, numeracy and reasoning abilities.
Upon completion of the course, students will sit for the AEIS examination which is a centralised admissions exercise conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore to determine their entrance eligibility into a suitable secondary school in Singapore.
1) Any subject selection from the above combinations is subject to approval and availability
2) Additional fee applies for extra subject enrolled
3) Subject to minimum class size
The average lecturer/student ratio is 1 : 17
Click here to download profiles of lecturers.
Duration & Intakes
|3 Months||June 2022||September 2022|
|November 2022||February 2023|
|6 Months||March 2022||September 2022|
|August 2022||February 2023|
Fees & Structure
|Structure||Tuition Fees||Non-tuition Fees|
Application fees: S$481.50
- All fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
- International Student: non-tuition fees include MDIS membership fee, course material, medical insurance, medical outpatient insurance, Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) insurance, international students administrative and consultation fee, internal examination administrative fee.
- Application fee is non-refundable.
Secondary 1 (3 & 6 Months)
- Completed at least Year 6 or equivalent
- Minimum age: 12 years old (as at 1st January of the examination year)
- Language Proficiency: Year 6 English / Certificate in English (CIE) / Online English Placement Test conducted by MDIS / Achieve score of 75 and above in Duolingo English Test or equivalent
Secondary 2 (3 & 6 Months)
- Completed at least Year 7 or equivalent
- Minimum age: 13 years old (as at 1st January of the examination year)
- Language Proficiency: Year 7 English / Certificate in English (CIE) / Online English Placement Test conducted by MDIS / Achieve score of 75 and above in Duolingo English Test or equivalent
International student is required to apply for a student pass if he/she wishes to study full-time in Singapore.
Applicant is required to submit the following documents to MDIS:
MDIS College Application Form
- 1 recent passport-size photographs of the applicant. (against white background)
- 1 copy of Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) e-Form 16
- Copy of applicant's passport pages showing his/ her particulars and travel and travel document's date of validity. (At least 1 year)
- Copy of applicant's Birth Certificate / Affidavit
- Copy of applicant's Certified / Notarised copy of Education Results/Certificates and Transcripts ( with detailed results)
- Copy of the student pass (For applicants transferred from other schools in Singapore) or Notification for Cancellation of Student Pass, Visit pass and Embarkation Form.
- Must show proof of English Medium Study / First Placement Test Attempted / IELTS / TOEFL
- Copy of financial ability. (e.g. bank statement, fixed deposit / saving account ) • Visa Required Country only (E.g. minimum amount of RMB150,000 for PRC only)
- Proof of parent's occupation (PRC only)
- University Matriculation Form (if applicable)
- Letter by applicant indicating interest to study with MDIS (study plan/ statement of purpose) for Master programmes
*Notarized English translations are needed if documents are in other languages.
For more enquiries, please contact us at 6278 8000 or email us at email@example.com.
MDIS permits students to pay their course fee in instalments. An administrative charge of S$107.00 (inclusive of GST) will be levied on each late instalment payment of the course fee. Fees are payable upon confirmation and acceptance of the place in the programme before the programme commencement.
You may pay your fee by cash, NETS, VISA, MasterCard, AMEX or by cheque or through our financial assistance scheme. If payment is by cheque, please indicate the details of the programme applied for on the back of the cheque, stating clearly you personal particulars and company name. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are inclusive of GST.
Please note that under the Private Education Act, all students will enter into a Fee Protection Scheme contract with MDIS.
Student Pass Application
International students are required to apply for a student pass if he/she wishes to study full-time in Singapore. Please click here for detail information.
Duration of Course
Secondary 1 (3 and 6 months)
Secondary 2 (3 and 6 months)
Secondary 1 and 2:
Jun - Sep (3 months)
Mar - Sep (6 months)
Nov - Feb (3 months)
Aug - Feb (6 months)
+65 6247 9111
+65 6278 8000
+65 6796 7005
+65 6796 7009
- Greater China:
+86 13911758357 (Beijing)
+86 13818384885 (Shanghai)
+86 15989260052 (Guangzhou
+86 13688022229 (Chengdu)
WeChat ID: sgmdis
- +65 9066 8857 (TW/HK/Macau)
- +65 8305 5107(TW/HK/Macau)
- India: +91 9840 097 699 / +65 9197 1623
- Vietnam: +65 9688 4879 (North) / +65 8511 6647 (Central) / +65 9814 2969 (South)
- Korea / Japan : +65 9658 2881
- Laos / Cambodia: +65 8779 6040
- Myanmar / Thailand: +65 8779 6040 / +959 793 920950
- Malaysia: +65 9337 5532
- Indonesia: +62 859 5953 7858 / +65 6796 7506
- Russia / Central Asia / Others: +65 9430 1901
- Sri Lanka / Bangladesh: +65 9337 5532