Bachelor of Science (Hons) Safety, Health and Environmental Management (Top-up)Awarded by: Leeds Beckett University, UK
The aim of the course is to provide an education which equips students with a range of competencies which support a career as Health and Safety Practitioners in both the private and public sectors. It is anticipated that such a practitioner will have the ability to make a contribution to their organisation, community, profession and wider society.
Students will have acquired in-depth knowledge and developed appropriate related skills that are associated with competent Risk Management Strategies and Techniques.
Students successfully completing the programme and the necessary work based experiential learning, and embracing the required professional body assessments, as required by the accrediting professional body, IOSH, will be prepared for the world of work as Health and Safety Practitioners.
Students completing the programme should be able to:
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of the key elements of occupational safety and health, some of which will be at the forefront of knowledge;
- Apply the methods and techniques that they have learned to review, consolidate, extend and use this understanding to carry out projects;
- Demonstrate conceptual understanding so that they can solve problems, devise and sustain arguments and describe and comment on current research into occupational safety and health;
- Demonstrate an evidence-based approach and an appreciation of the limits of knowledge;
- Manage their own research and learning and be continually aware of where the limits of their own knowledge and skills lie;
- Effectively communicate information, ideas, problems and solutions to the full range of people they will encounter at work
Why Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University is a modern professional university with ambition.
Based in the vibrant city of Leeds, the biggest financial district outside of London, the University’s vision is to be acknowledged for its commitment to student success, innovation and enterprise, global reach, and strong local impact.
The University’s aspiration is to help create great graduates, exceptional employees, dynamic citizens and enterprising leaders and we work closely with employers and partners to ensure that its graduates are ready for work, ready for life, and ready to seize the opportunities that lie ahead.
Leeds Beckett has around 3,100 staff and more than 32,000 students from almost 100 countries around the world studying for a Leeds Beckett qualification; it contributes an estimated £500 million to the economy every year. The University is proud to be the only university in the UK to hold both the Customer Service Excellence award and the Investors in People Gold standard across the whole institution.
With a 190-year history of education, which began with the founding of the Leeds Mechanics Institute in 1824, Leeds Beckett is proud of its history and excited about its future.
Method of Assessment
A range of assessments are used including examinations, assignments, presentations, portfolios, and laboratory notebooks.
Candidates who successfully complete all of the course requirements will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Hons) Safety, Health and Environmental Management (Top-up) by Leeds Beckett University (UK).
Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in Singapore
This programme is recognised by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) as one of the qualifications for Workplace Safety and Health Officer (WSHO) registration.
Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
The course is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) as meeting the requirements for Graduate Membership. Graduates may then progress to Chartered Membership status on satisfactory completion of appropriate work experience and professional assessments.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Approved Course
The BSc (Hons) Safety Health and Environmental Management (Top-up) programme is under the List of CPD Approved Courses for the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme.
Health and Safety Law in Practice
Organisation and Safety Management
Professional Practice (SHEMB)
Toxicology and Occupational Health and Hygiene
Understanding the Research Process
Sensible Risk Management
Profile of lecturers and their respective teaching models:
The average lecturer/student ratio is 1 : 120 (lecture)
The average lecturer/student ratio is 1 : 30 (tutorial/practical)
Click here to download profiles of lecturers.
Duration & Intakes
|Year 2 (24 months)||September 2021||September 2023|
|Year 3 (15 months)||May 2021||August 2022|
Fees & Structure
Duration & Structure
Year 2 (24 months)
|S$24,824.00||S$700.00 - S$1,900.00|
Year 3 (15 months)
|S$15,729.00||S$700.00 - S$1,900.00|
Application fees: S$160.50
# All application fees are non-refundable.
# All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
- Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, academic writing workshop, medical insurance and fee protection scheme.
- Non-tuition fees for part-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, academic writing workshop and fee protection scheme.
- Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, academic writing workshop, medical insurance, medical examination and administrative fee.
# Non-tuition fees for international students may vary.
# Non-tuition fees are non-refundable, refer to MDIS refund policy for more details.
All applicants must be of age 18 and above, and meet at least one of the following requirements:
WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) for Year 2 entry
WSQ Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) for Year 3 entry
Local polytechnic diplomas from a related subject area (including life-sciences and engineering based programmes) that have been formally recognized by the University or are deem to be equivalent
Students who have obtained the relevant qualification (WSQ Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health) would be granted certain exemptions for level 5. With that, students need to clear the module "Understanding the Research Process" of 3 months duration before being able to proceed to Level 6 (Year 3 equivalent). Total duration is 15 months.
Any one of the following NEBOSH Diplomas for Year 2 entry:
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
English Language Requirements
The applicant is required to achieve one of the following:
GCSE Grade C in English Language
Financial Assistance Scheme
Student loans from the organisations listed below are available to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents. Please contact the organisations directly to find out how you may benefit from their services.
|TCC Limited||+65 - 6319 3700||http://www.tcc.org.sg|
|DBS Bank||1800 111 1111||http://www.dbs.com.sg|
|Maybank||1800 629 2265||http://www.maybank2u.com.sg|
0% INTEREST CREDIT CARD INSTALMENT PLANS
For All Programmes (Available in 6 or 12 months)
|Standard Chartered Bank||1800 747 7000||http://www.standardchartered.com.sg|
|Maybank||1800 968 2265||http://www.maybank.com.sg|
|UOB||1800 226 6121||http://www.uob.com.sg|
|OCBC||1800 363 3333||http://www.ocbc.com.sg|
|DBS||1800 111 1111||http://www.dbs.com|
|POSB||1800 339 6666||http://www.posb.com.sg|
|Bank of China||1800 669 5566||http://www.bankofchina.com/sg|
Duration of Course
24 months (Year 2)
15 months (Year 3)
Year 2 Entry: Sep 2021
Year 3 Entry: May 2021
+65 6247 9111
Main Hotline: +65 6796 7660
- China: +65 9066 8857 / +65 8305 5107
WeChat ID: sgmdis
- Taiwan: +65 8305 5107
- India: +65 8950 9987
- Vietnam: +65 9688 4879
- Korea: +65 9814 2969 / +65 9688 4879
- Laos / Cambodia: +65 8779 6040
- Myanmar / Thailand: +65 8779 6040
- Malaysia: +65 9814 2969
- Indonesia: +62 859 5953 7858
- Russia / Others: +65 9814 2969 / +65 9688 4879
- Sri Lanka / Bangladesh: +65 8950 9987