Facts about Cloud Computing
Cloud computing has become a great solution for providing a flexible, on-demand, and dynamically scalable computing infrastructure for many applications. Cloud computing is a significant technology trend, and it is already obvious that it is reshaping Information Technology (IT) processes and the IT marketplace. Cloud computing can be defined as a new style of computing in which dynamically scalable and often virtualized resources are provided as a service over the Internet. With the cloud computing technology, users use a variety of devices, including PCs, laptops, smartphones, and PDAs to access programmes, storage, and application-development platforms over the Internet, via services offered by cloud computing providers. Advantages of the cloud computing technology include cost savings, high availability, and easy scalability.
In non-cloud computing, three independent platforms exist for three different applications running on its own server. In the cloud, servers can be shared, or virtualized, for operating systems and applications resulting in fewer servers and use of resources.
Cloud Technology leverages the use of virtualization in terms of Software As AService (SAAS), Platform AsA Service(PAAS) and Infrastructure As AService (IAAS). As the use of cloud computing increase, jobs requiring cloud skills also emerges.Many see the technology as an opportunity to accelerate their careers.
Facts about Cloud Computing:
- Companies with Cloud Architect positions seek people who can define the cloud — from business requirements to the actual cloud deployment.Salaries range from $150,000 to $250,000 annually, depending on location and experience.
- Cloud computing presents a number of new employment opportunities for qualified individuals in the IT space. ManyIT Professionals are looking to ditch the server and hop onto the cloud bandwagon to climb the corporate ladder.
- Cloud computing jobs range from Architects and Developers to Data Scientists, Security Professionals and more.
Honing your IT skills to cloud is crucial to receive that big promotion, land that next hot cloud job and enjoy a long cloud career.
Benefits of cloud computing
1) Agility – Deploy globally in minutes
2) Elasticity – can scale up and down resources depending on demand